Tools and Techniques
The following tools and frameworks were used to build this website:
- Apache Forrest as the publishing framework
- Google Maps to display the interactive maps
- GPS Babel to reformat gps data
- Gnuplot and Python to create the elevation profiles
- ImageMagick to manipulate images
Development took place under Debian Linux.
- Garmin etrex recorded all gps tracks which were than saved permanently on an iPaq running familiar linux.
- Pictures were taken with the following digital cameras:
- Canon Powershot A530 since May 2006
- Canon Powershot A70 until May 2006