Where we stayed
The following list is ordered chronologically.
Pirrera S. Leonardo (1 night)
- Address: Contrada Pirrera San Leonardo - Carlentini - Siracusa - tel. +39.095.905919
- Home made cake for breakfast.
- Owner spoke French fluently.
Don Mauro (3 nights)
- Address: C.da Cugno di Canne - 96014 FLORIDIA (SR) - tel. +39.0931.941.025 - mob. +39.3335957763
- Best room and overall best agriturimo.
- Owners speak German and English fluently.
- Very good food.
Mediterraneo (2 nights)
- Address: Marzameni - tel. +39.0931.841029 or +39.0931.841692 - Info Line: +39.0935.75295 (Ottobre/Aprile)
- Rooms are co-located to a big camp ground. It may be very busy in high season.
- Dinner on the second day was excellent.
Tenuta Margitello (1 night)
- Address: between Ragusa and Comiso at Km 310,700 - 97013 Comiso (RG) - tel. +39.0932.722509 - mob. +39.348.8220784
- Great view from the agriturismo. The main road from Ragusa to Comiso is sufficiently far away (1km and about 100 meters in height).
- Excellent dinner.
Agricasale (2 nights)
- Address: Contrada Ciavarini - 94015 Piazza Armerina (EN) - tel. +39.0935.686034
- For a cicylist, the agriturismo was pretty far away from Piazza Armenia. Issue was not so much the distance (5 km), but the difference in height (200m).
- The agriturismo is co-located to a big camp ground. The restaurant is popular with bus tours and family celebrations which makes it less cosy.
Baglio San Pietro (1 night)
- Address: Contrada San Pietro - 94014 Nicosia (EN) - tel. +39.0935.640529 or +39.0935.640651 or +39.3280688663
- Professional service, house is mentioned in the Guide Michelin.
- Owner speaks English fluently.
- With 56 Euros per person for half board our most expensive agriturismo.
Parco dell Etna (1 night)
- Address: Via Dalla Chiesa 1 - 95034 Bronte (CT)
- A hotel like any other hotel...
L'antica Vigna (2 nights)
- Address: Contrada Montelaguardia - 95036 Randazzo (CT) - tel. +39.095.924003 - fax +39.095.923324
- Very nice terrace.
- Excellent dinner on the first evening.
Pensione Adele (1 night)
- Address: Via Apollo Arcageta, 16 - 98039 Taormina (ME) - tel. and fax: +39.0942.23352
- Worst accomodation of our trip, least comfortable beds and by far the hottest room.
- Owner speaks German.
- Best breakfast (we go for quantity...)
Kikajon (2 nights)
- Address: Contrada Sciaramanica - 95015 Linguaglossa (CT) - tel. +39.3331859588 - fax +39.0178.6085618
- Owner was very engaged and knew basic English phrases.
- Food on the second day was excellent.
Le Coccinelle (1 night)
- Address: Via Affitto Manitta, 2 - GUARDIA - Acireale (CT) - tel. +39.095.800140 - mob. +39.340.2579520 - fax +39.095.7632614
- Dinner at the agriturismo was not possible such that we had to cycle to a restaurant in the next village (3.5km and 60 height meters) and experience restaurant prices. :-(
- Swimming pool was open!